Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Go away and...come back as an adorable scarf!

So we went to Target the other day and you should know by now that I LOVE scarves and I really love the floral fabrics that are coming out now. Paying $12 for a scarf is totally out of the question for me so I decided to make my own. We went to Goodwill Clearance and I picked up a few granny skirts to refashion and this was the one I wanted to use for a scarf.



Isn't the fabric gorgeous!


This is the finished result. I just cut the skirt into four long strips, sewed them together, basted it, and then sewed over it so I would have a ruffled appearance. I really like how it turned out!



By the way, there is an amazing giveaway HERE

8 comments:

Under Her Wings said...

Love it!

Gentri said...

Super cute!

Jen said...

That is so awesome! Thanks for mentioning the Armani scarf giveaway, too!

~Sara said...

Wow, great job. Love the scarf. Thanks for linking up to the Frugal Tuesday Tip.

http://learningthefrugallife.blogspot.com/2011/04/frugal-tuesday-tip-week-12.html

Shana said...

So pretty! Thank you so much for linking up to Thrifters Anonymous! I totally 100% agree that $12 for a scarf is RIDICULOUS...you really made that special which is soo much better than saying you bought ..

Shana
ColorBlind

THRIFTERS WANTED LINK UP HERE

Julia said...

i love repurposing fabric for the same reasons. I'm giving away a felted wool purse, enter now through monday. Thank you for linking up to the Frugal Tuesday Tip! http://juliecache.com/2011/04/12/frugal-tuesday-tip-12/.html

Damon Steele said...

My dearest oldest,

I never cease to be amazed by your talent and creativity. You are an amazing young lady, and I'm proud to be your dad.

Love,
Daddy

Charity said...

I love that scarf!!!