Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2011

Feature Friday






 Hey guys, this is Sharde from The Style Projects




-What made you start blogging? Well right before I started my blog, my man had to move to California for work, leaving me here until June when I get to join him. We have always been super close and we have no family here, and so in his absence, I started the blog to keep myself busy when I get home at night. I am a nanny full time during the day, and I go to Aveda Institute Houston at night (full time) so I always have something going on to talk about. I've wanted to do it for a long time really but I just had to push myself to put myself out there. I have always made anything I possibly could and everyone always asked how I do it, so I figured if my friends always want to know, other people might want to know as well.



-What is your alltime favorite blog? Can I get back to you on that question? I simply cannot pick one! But a couple favorites are Little Miss Momma and Delia Creates.

-What is your favorite piece of clothing? The skinniest of skinny pants. Because if they fit you right and keep all of your junk inside the trunk, they make you look soo good. I love the way I feel when I wear them, and I'm partial to a black pair from Miley Cyrus at Walmart. They look like nice pants but feel like sweats so they are extremely comfortable.

-What is your hair/makeup routine in the morning? It takes me about five minutes to get out of the house in the morning because I have to be at work at 7 am and my day doesn't end until 10 pm so it is usually nonexistent. The one thing I am adamant about is face moisturizer. I use Aveda All Sensitive and I love it. At about 5:30 in the parking lot when I arrive at school is when I actually do some hair and makeup. No base, no foundation, no mascara. Gloss, blush, and a little shimmer shadow is usually all I do as far as makeup goes. I like to keep makeup for special occasions because I can do great makeup, but if I wear it all the time then it would never be special. And hair, I usually go for some sort of 5 minute updo that I can throw together during the week. On the weekends I prefer to wear it down. The Houston humidity right now is preventing me from doing alot! I also have hair extensions that I wear sometimes, but only if the weather is right.

-Where do get your outfit inspiration? I read My Style.com often, and I follow The Daybook. Granted, none of my outfits ever look like theirs. My outfits have to be effortless because I'd rather spend time on my hair on the weekends than fussing over my outfits. I kind of just pick and choose a couple trends I see in magazines per season- ones that I think will stick around for a couple seasons at least because I really despise buying that one trendy thing that is suddenly "out".

-Share one totally random fact about yourself. I like to pretend that I have tattoos :) I've always drawn them on myself with fine tip Sharpies because I like to have something extra interesting sometimes. Just a heart, a star, or a letter B with a crown on top for my man's name, Brandon. I would never get a real one because I'm a sissy girl though! :)












Thanks so much for having me Haley! Sorry if my answers are long, I talk alot :)






No comments: