Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Treadle Sewing Machine

My mom recently bought be a treadle sewing machine from a garage sale. I first became interested in getting one when I an article in a MaryJanes Farm Magazine about how Mrs.Butters uses a treadle machine for all her sewing. My electric machine is always messing up for me and I began to realize how nice it would be to not have all that elecrical stuff to get in the way of my sewing. I emailed a treadle expert and he told me that my machine was a Free Model H. What kind of machine do you use and why?
I am linking up to

Timeless Tuesdays




 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Lucky you getting a treadle machine! I've wanted one for years. You are right, simple is better. I learned to sew on a Singer years ago and I've worn out several machines of various makes but now I am back to a Singer. After having machines with lots of fancy applications I find the simple straightforward basic machine the best for me and I sew ALOT.

craftydiva said...

Exactly!